Saturday, September 6, 2014

Juice

I have two batches of juice ready and waiting for me to finish off tonight. I made 2 gallons of Aronia (black chokeberry), Prinsepia, Schizandra (Magnolia Vine or 5-Flavor Berry), and Elderberry juice and 3 gallons of Elderberry Dolgo Crabapple juice. I find that elderberries need something tart to hide the elderberry taste. Both of these juices should be very health loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants. I still have the grapes to deal with later and I have some apples although it's not a good apple year. Right now my hardy kiwi are ripening: we have Actinidia kolomicta 'Arctic Beauty' and 'September Sun'- only a few seem to ripen at a time so you have to squeeze them all to find the ripe ones. Possibly, if I harvested them all and put them on a plate they would ripen.

No comments:

Post a Comment