Friday, July 27, 2012

Blackberries

I started picking blackberries this morning.  They are not dead-ripe and falling all over the ground quite yet but I'm trying to get picking before they go bad.  I've already canned ca. 210 jars of juice and jam this summer and I'll planning on getting going on the blackberries soon.  The paths that I made through the patch this spring have all grown up to briars.  The red raspberries were poor this year and the blueberries so-so--they are pretty much over.  Red currants weren't so great but gooseberries and black currants did quite well this year--they are all harvested now.

My daylilies are at peak now- I have alot of newer, truer red tetraploids, some lemon yellow and golds but I'm still into oranges.My 'Tuscawilla Tigress' crossed with 'Alabama Jubilee' are setting seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment