Thursday, April 24, 2014

Snowdrops and Daffodils

My annual daffodil walk is in just over a week: May 4th, which is a week from Sunday and I have no daffodils in bloom yet. I'm trying not to worry. I have a great number of Galanthus (snowdrops) which I love and spread them around every year- I think maybe this year for the first time ever they will still be in bloom for my walk. My Scilla and Chionodoxa are starting to bloom and I have Johnny-Jump-Ups left over from last year. Also, one Primula is blooming. I'm still hoping for the daffodils- they have never failed me yet. 3 or 4 years ago, we had 12 inches of snow completely flatten them and cover them all but by Sunday they were fine. Last year a freak 5 inch snow storm bent over most of my lilacs (and snapped alot of the Canadians) the night before my lilac tea- I haven't picked a date yet for the Lilacs- I'll wait and see if the daffodils are on time first.

No comments:

Post a Comment