Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Daffodils are Blooming

It's a good thing, too as our "Daffodil Walk" is this coming Sunday late afternoon.  All the earliest ones are in bloom now-none are gone by.  The cyclamenious (sp?) group are going strong: 'Peeping Tom', 'February Gold', 'Rapture', 'Jetfire'(came into bloom today).  Also, 'Ice Follies' is flowering as are 'Pentewan' or 'California', 'Van Sion' or 'Telemonias Plena', 'Mount Hood'(I think), 'Spellbinder', 'Tete-a-tete','King Alfred II',  The snowdrops are past but the Chionodoxa and Scilla are peaking now and the Forsythia is just coming into bloom--I have 'Northern Gold', 'Northern Sun', 'Vermont Sun', 'New Hampshire Gold', and 'Meadowlark'.  I also planted a new one called 'Show Off' last year but they got somewhat deered.

Somwtime soon I'm planning to write a "book report" on 'Embroidered Ground' by Page Dickey which is an excellent book I finished reading this week.

I'm somewhat busy getting ready for the walk--cooking, cleaning ,raking etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment